Can The Symptoms Of Asthma Be Controlled By Medicinal Herbs
It may be tempting to think that because of the latest technology of modern medicine, that they’re superior to all of the historic herbal based remedies which were once used by our ancestors.
But this theory is beginning to lose a bit of steam, while also coming under a bit of scrutiny.
For 1000’s of years, humans had no other alternative than to use plants along with herbs which were found in the nearby fields, oceans, and forests.
Since they were completely natural, there were also usually no side effects associated with them as they are in today’s manufactured medicinal solutions, along with the creation of bacteria which has grown imperious to these modern day drugs.
So for those who may be specifically suffering from asthma, the following remedies have proven to stand the test of time.
The Most Natural Remedies For Asthma Suffers
• Ginger Root To Eliminate Or Reduce Phlegm – The common and popular ginger root can be found absolutely anywhere, and although it’s odd knobby brown appearance may appear strange to some, they have been a tradition when baking gingerbread or gingersnap cookies.
What they’re traditionally been known for is it’s effectiveness when it comes to motion sickness along with certain digestive issues. What may not be known is how effective the ginger root is when it comes to eliminating phlegm as a result of asthma.
To rid of the mucus buildup in the lungs and the chest area, begin by grating 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger root, and then add it to 2 cups of boiling water. Allow the ginger to steep for up to 30 minutes, and then drink it as a tea once every two hours until cure.
It’s important to know that it needs to be fresh ginger and not bottled or any other source, this since it’s the fresh essence found in the root that’s able to help those with colds and asthmatic conditions the most.
• Adding Walnuts To Ginger For Clear Lungs And Better Sleep – For hundreds of years, it’s been known that the Chinese have used a combination of walnuts and ginger root to clear the lungs from excessive phlegm buildup, while also reducing persistent bouts of coughing in the throat.
The recipe for this combination is easy to prepare. Begin with 3 to 4 walnuts and grind them down as finely as possible. Mix it together with 3 slices of freshly grated ginger.
Then right before going to bed, consume the walnut ginger mixture with a warm liquid such as tea, and then go to sleep. It’s thought that by the morning, the symptoms of lung congestion should be gone.
• Mullein As A Cure For Asthmatics – Mullein is a plant which is found in abundance in North America as well as Europe. It’s easily cultivated with lots of sunshine and dry soil. Our ancestors had traditionally used mullein as a medicinal agent for centuries.
It’s also been recently studied under clinical conditions which confirms its value. The plant has been found to contain hesperidin, which is the predominant flavonoid that’s found in lemons and oranges, along with coumarin, which is found in cherries, apricots, strawberries, clover, lavender, and cinnamon.
It’s thought to be effective as a sedative, a safe pesticide, which also contains antioxidants which has been used for a variety of serious illnesses. It’s also of interest to asthmatic sufferers since it has anti-inflammatory properties while being an antihistamine.
What you can do is grab a handful of the plant, cut coarsely and then drop them into a quart of boiling water. Drink 2 cups on a daily basis sweetened with honey since it’s known to smell a lot better than it tastes.
• Drinking Almond Milk For Better Breathing – The Chinese has been traditionally drinking almond milk primarily for the relief of lung congestion and inflammation for centuries.
Begin by soaking almonds in water overnight, or until they’ve swelled enough to become soft. This ancient Asian recipe calls for adding a small amount of white rice, while the Western based herbalists don’t bother. Once the almonds become soft, pour out the water but keep it for use later since it’s vitamin enriched.
Grind down the almonds into a fine paste, then slowly add back the water and mix with honey. Cook the mixture on low heat until it becomes somewhat syrupy in texture.
Drink 1 to 2 cups on a daily basis to clear up the lungs.
Know that there are specific recommendations regarding these natural homemade remedies.
• Most of these recipes will recommend removing the ground pulp while drinking just the liquid. However, the pulp can be delicious as well as nutritional, this depending on your taste tolerance. You may just decide to leave it in the recipe. If you do happen to remove it, don’t throw it out but use it in salads, fruit dishes, or desserts instead.
• It’s always better to go as organic as possible, such as using completely organic almonds for instance, this since you’ll be getting an extremely chemical free concentrated dosage of this excellent medicinal nut. The one’s which are sprayed definitely aren’t as healthy or beneficial.