Growth Is Painful. Change Is Painful. But Nothing Is As PAINFUL As Staying Stuck Somewhere You Don’t Belong
60. Be an Explainer, Not a Complainer – Avoid the temptation to blame others for mistakes or shirk responsibility. Instead, when you make an error, have the maturity to admit it, figure out what went wrong and move on.
61. Learn from Other People’s Mistakes – When others err, learn from them the same way you learn from your own mistakes. This has the double benefit of providing you with valuable lessons and not having to deal with the “blame game” and the consequences of making errors.
62. Become a Collector of Motivational Quotes – Some people collect stamps. Others collect exotic beer cans or fishing lures. Make your hobby something that will help keep you on track toward achieving your goals. Collect motivational quotes and keep them in a file that you can access whenever you need inspiration.
63. Set Your Alarm 30 Minutes Earlier – People complain that there are never enough hours in the day to accomplish everything they need to do, but here’s a great way to “find time”. You will be amazed at how productive you can be when you simply get out of bed a half hour earlier than you normally do.
64. Avoid Comparing Yourself to Other People – Everybody is unique. No two people had the exact same experiences, opportunities and choices. While it’s helpful to find inspiration in other successful people, it’s not productive to compare yourself negatively to them.
65. Use Affirmations to Shut Down Negativity – Often, negative thoughts can get in the way of what we want to accomplish. But you can silence that tiny negative voice in your head by shouting over it with affirmations whenever it starts speaking to you.
66. Keep a Journal – Every day, write down what you did to further yourself toward your objectives. This will motivate you throughout the day so that you will have something to add to your journal later.
67. Embrace Change – The only thing we now for certain is that nothing is for certain. When change happens, don’t resist it. Instead, embrace it as the next chapter in your life. As long as you are motivated to achieve your success, change can never set you back very far. And it often offers opportunity.
68. Don’t Get Obsessed with Perfection – Getting it right is important, but trying to get it perfect every time will only delay and distract you on your path toward success. Do you very best, but don’t expect perfection every time. Even the best hitters in baseball only connect with the ball once every three times at the plate.
69. Ask for Help When You Need It – No man or woman is an island. Everybody occasionally needs the help of other people in order to succeed. Don’t be too proud to ask others for help. That’s what your support system is there for in the first place.
70. It’s Not Always All About You – Everybody’s life has its ups and downs. Going it alone won’t make it any easier. Let other people into your life so you can celebrate your successes and make your failure s more endurable. Nobody is an island. Your life touches many other people. Be aware of this and let it help make your journey easier.