So Where Are Those Jobs In The Recession Proof Industries
So instead of wasting your time trying to re-enter one of these declining industries presently experiencing bad times, set your sights on the industry sectors that have actually remained stable or are even experiencing growth.
The Top 6 Industries Include:
– Law and Security Enforcement – As the population increases and the economy declines, crime rises, law enforcement is always in demand
– Specialized Information Technology (computer network administration, software coders, graphic design and development) The IT industry is growing
– Customer Support Services (customer guest services, administrative and management assistance)
– Sales, Marketing and Business Development (product management, wholesale and retail sectors)
– Specialized Engineering – As new technologies evolve, specific trained engineers will be needed
– Teaching and Education (specialized teaching, school administration and related administration support services) Many are looking to re-invent themselves
Adapt Your Resume To The Job
Consider the specific industry that your targeting. If the job is for someone who has a strong sales background, then make sure you emphasize and hi-light your sales background. If it calls for someone who has direct marketing or promotion skills, alter to show your qualifications in these areas. The more relevant your resume is to the job, the better off you will be at landing that job.
Try Expanding Your Reach
Further Your Education
Usually when employers narrow down in choosing a potential employee, and they all have similar job experience, they will usually choose the employee that has the better educational background qualifications, this courtesy of better training.