Blogging is not new. It is a concept that started back in late 90s. It was used to be a way to comment an existing webpage or website, an opportunity for visitors and readers to react or voice out oneâ€™s opinion on that site. What started as a single-sentence commentary has evolved into pages of personal take on just about anything and everything under the sun. As it continues to move forward, online advertising has tapped into the blogâ€™s potential. These are the 5 top reasons why you should use blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
1.Blogging is very simplistic. The simplest way to get your piece or article on the net is through blogging. No real geek skills are necessaryâ€¦ an average person can read and type, or at least click a mouse. Itâ€™s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just write your ideas, experiences, new products, and hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and entice your reader to try your product. If you have a PC and an Internet connection then you can blog and advertise your product.
2. Blogging is authentic. In this day and age where advertising saturates our lives, we question the credibility of any promotersâ€™ claims. However, in blogs, real people share their real-life experiences, unscathed by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first-hand product use is like talking to people about their first-hand experience. You definitely want to buy a tried and tested product.
3. Blogging has very little cost. Although blogging is getting accepted as a proven mainstream method for online advertising media, most still see it as something to augment current marketing tools and thus offer it for free. Any opportunity for free web resources is definitely a bonus especially to businesses that are just starting up. Needless to say, paid blog pages can generate more income for your growing business.
4. Blogging builds website credibility. As you get more and more into writing your experiences on a particular product or industry, your readers come to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. As a result, you become an expert on the subject. Consequently, more readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your blogs. As companies and professional organizations notice the growth of your readership base, they may soon get in touch with you for advertising on your blog page, or offer their product on an affiliate basis, which pays for every referral generated from your blog site.
5. Blogging builds your market and credibility. Unless you are famous and well known, chances are, only your immediate friends reads your posts. Your friends also has friends, so they let them know how interesting your blog site is. But you need not depend on your friends to increase your readership base. Look into the following ways to build your market through blogging:
– Use your e-mail. Today, blogging is overcoming the e-mailâ€™s popularity in quickly and effectively reaching and expanding a market. In this age of speed and quick access, logging in and downloading e-mail is simply taking longer than clicking into a blog site. Let them explore your site by using a short e-mail message as teaser to your blog site. If your e-mail is on an entirely different subject, use your e-mail signature to give a link to the site.
– By Subscription. Another method is to allow readers to subscribe to your blogsite. Keep some exclusive information for your subscribers to entice readers to subscribe and give their e-mail address. Just be responsible in using their e-mail address, as the last thing you want is a comment on your blog that you are a spammer.
– Understanding your readers need. Conduct a simple survey for your readers to understand their profile and advertising preferences. Ask consumers to give you feedback on a post, an ad link, or a trial that you shared. In this way, it is like interviewing your readers without the commitment and intrusion of a face-to-face interview.
– Join a blog network â€“A network of blogs maybe a collection of blog sites that share the same industry, interest, readership base, payment mode, etc. Consumers find credibility and convenience in clicking one link to several real bloggers about a single subject. Clearly, more bloggers are better than one.
– Use RSS Feeds. RSS is the fastest growing technology on the Internet today. Having a RSS feeds to your blog is definitely another means of generating awareness for your readership base. Having a variety of feeds can add interest to your blog site.
Give your business a boost by effectively using blogging as an Internet marketing tool.