The Good News Is The Health Benefits Of Drinking Red Wine
Other than becoming tipsy and your forehead and cheeks becoming flushed with glow, there are valid reasons which supports drinking more of particularly red wine, and the actual proof that it’s good for you, as it’s proven to promote better overall health.
It’s been shown that drinking a glass or two of wine offers certain health properties in a variety of different ways, the most important being the potential avoiding of certain major illnesses such as reducing the risk of heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
However, know that these standards are based on moderation which doesn’t mean uncorking that bottle and thinking the more that you drink will result in better health. The excessive drinking of any type of alcohol obviously transforms that healthy glass of wine into another bad health habit which has worse consequences.
The Benefits Of Drinking Wine
There is documented current research which supports the continued drinking of red wine is beneficial, but it’s also realized one must maintain an otherwise healthy active lifestyle simultaneously.
To realize the best advantages, it’s recommended you should also be maintaining a healthy well-balanced diet, and getting routine and regular exercise.
When your body is in good general condition overall, these are the times when you’ll really be able to benefit from what the drinking of red wine offers. So the key point is combine it with an active level lifestyle.
So raise a glass of vino if you’re a wine lover, as there are valid reasons why wine can contribute to better health.
How Wine Improves Your Health
• Protects The Brain From Decline – Although drinking too much wine will most likely result in memory loss, drinking a couple glasses a day in moderation has actually been proven to positively boost brain activity while protecting you from age related decline. This includes “old age” health conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
• Wine Can Ward Off Colds – Including the flu. It’s known that sipping a hearty glass of red wine doubles as an effective cough syrup. While not being medically true, there is scientific proof which links moderate daily wine drinking, which is approximately a glass or two a day maximum, will strengthen your immune system while lowering the chances of catching a cold or the flu.
• Reduces Cardiovascular Disease – It’s widely known that moderate recreational red wine drinking is good for the heart, but most don’t realize the reasons why. What especially red wine does is it will actually reduce high blood pressure because it thins out the blood. It also encourages more blood circulation which in effect reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
• Protects The Throat Against Illness – What the red wine which passes down through the throat will do is an excellent job of reducing the risk of catching certain throat related illnesses and diseases especially in the larynx and esophagus. There are studies which prove that natural red wine contains high levels antioxidants and minerals which are extremely beneficial.
• Will Boost Bone Density Especially In Women – Women who may have a family history of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis may want to take note. A recent study reported that drinking up to ten glasses of red wine weekly, has shown to reduce the risk of these bone related issues by close to 50% percent of the test subjects, this because of the grape properties.
• May Prevent Type2 Diabetes – Another known health benefit of drinking red wine is the fact that each glass is loaded with triglycerides, which is an extremely healthy fat that’s found in the blood stream that reduces the chances of developing Type 2 diabetes. But the catch is if you drink too much, it has a tipping point and an opposite effect as it’ll raise the triglyceride levels to the point that it will leave you prone to heart related problems.
• Red Wine Reduces High Cholesterol – Blame this on the grapes again which produces the red wine, which are packed with disease fighting fiber as well as antioxidants, which are responsible for reducing dangerously high levels of the bad HDL cholesterol. What this means is that if you currently drink any type of alcoholic beverage, it’s recommended that you switch it to a glass of fine red wine instead.
• Gives You An Excellent Source Of Rich Omega3 Fatty Acids – We’re all now aware of the value that Omega 3 fatty acids has, and the positive effects it provides for the body. There are studies which links the higher levels of these healthy fats that are found in red wine, lessens the incidences of mania and mild depression in patients who may have bipolar disorder.
• Drinking Wine Optimizes Metabolism – This not a suggestion to chug down glasses of wine before going out for a jog or working out, but it’s shown that drinking a daily glass of wine with dinner causes the blood vessels to expand, and will continue to do so and carry over to the next day. What this does is it stimulates the heart and metabolism before working out.
• Wine Is Thought To Keep You More Alert – Some will say forget the coffee, but instead pour yourself a glass of fine vintage red wine to shake off a bit of that afternoon sleepiness and sluggishness. Studies have suggested the melatonin hormone which is found in the grapes that’s used for wine making, creates heightened levels of energy. This contrary to the belief that drinking alcoholic beverages will make you generally drowsy.