Keep in mind there are several factors that directly affect the metabolism rate of a person. The first is the amount of muscle tissue one has, other reasons include: the frequency and type of meals, ones stress levels, genetics, personal diet plan and physical activity levels. Metabolism can slow down due to the following: the loss of muscle mass due to not enough physical activity, as the body has a tendency to cannibalize its own muscle tissue, if there isn’t enough food energy to sustain it. Another reason is a decrease in physical activity, which can be directly related with old age.
Some useful guidelines you can use for getting the right amount of exercise:
For Strength Training
For better Cardiovascular Training
2. Make sure you eat a healthy breakfast. We’ve always been told that… ‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day’. Well, surprisingly the ones who actually eat a well balanced breakfast are thinner then the ones who don’t. Your metabolism can slow down if breakfast is skipped or eaten during the mid-morning hours, or if you wait until the afternoon.
3. Avoid sugar. Sugar is a bad white food that enables the body to naturally store fat. It’s highly recommended a person consumes the types of food that helps sustain an even level of blood-sugar. Also, progressive exercise, at least 2 to 3 times a week can also help stabilize blood sugar.
4. Eat spicy foods. Cuisine that is Hot, like peppers can increase ones metabolism. Naturally spicy foods like jalapeno peppers burn calories.
5. Try sleeping more. According to the latest research, it’s riskier for those who do not get enough sleep to naturally gain more weight. Also, it’s a well known fact that muscles regenerate during the last few of hours of sleep.
6. Increase your water intake. Drinking clean crisp water will flush out bad toxins that are produced when the body burns fat. The majority of body functions involve water, and the lack of water causes the body’s system operations to decrease, and then produces unneeded stress as a result.
7. Eat smaller meals during the day. It’s better to consume 4 to 5 equal interval smaller meals than the usual 3 meals a day.
8. But do not skip meals. People tend to skip important meals, thinking it will help them lose weight, this is a mistake as it slows down metabolism.
9. Plan your meals in detail. Always prepare the proper amounts of healthy food to be eaten at the designated intervals. Never make the mistake of eating meals sporadically.
9. Don’t get stressed out! Stress, whether it is physical or emotional, naturally triggers the release of cortisol, which is a steroid. This chemical will decrease the metabolism rate. Also, people tend to eat more when stressed out.
10. Drink more green tea. Drink it as a substitute for coffee. Tea, specifically green tea stimulates metabolism, and unlike drinking coffee, it has no side effects when too much is consumed.
11. Include more natural healthy energy foods in your diet, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains and beans.
Achieving your desired body weight is never out of reach, if you have the proper determination and patience to stabilize and gauge your metabolism level. It is a vital key for a good diet and natural weight loss. You have to eat right, and have a consistent exercise program and integrate it as way of life.