There’s a belief that the path of your life is already set out for you, your fate if you will, for each and every individual on this planet.
The biggest clue being if you look back into your life and then begin tracing all of the major turning points in your life, and then see where you are today, this based on some key decisions which you’ve made.
The path which you set going forward however may be a bit more nebulous, but regardless, it’s still a path, your path.
All of your daily actions and the decisions that you make, whether macro or not, helps in defining who you are. There’s also a variety of external along with internal factors which are completely out of your control.
If you believe that your path of life is somewhat controlled by a physical entity or another person, then you should be able to recognize certain elements. Knowing what these are can lead towards profound insights on how aware you are with what’s happening around you, which helps in visualizing your future.
This isn’t another whacked out metaphysical theory, but an easy and effective method which gives you insight and more control over your business, career, and life.
Knowing How To Control Your Future
• Know That Your Life Path Is Just An Extension – What you feel, your thoughts and behavior, the choices that you make influences your path as it’s an extension of who you are.
People will often lament that they lack control in their daily lives, that they’re rather controlled by others. But we fail to consider that we’re responsible for us letting go of this control ourselves.
This lack of awareness that we project regarding our deep seated beliefs or feelings can as a result be considered as an undesirable and unpredictable behavior.
• Our Vision Can At Times Be Flawed – We’ve all heard that having “vision” can play a big role when it comes to business leadership or becoming a successful entrepreneur.
But vision is actually more of a process where we use our past experiences and then adapt it to our current external surroundings and our awareness to develop different ideas or plans which we believe will shape our path.
So if you’re not completely aware of what’s going on around or inside of you, your great vision may be severely compromised.
• Your Path Is Just One Part Of A Larger Picture – No one ever walks alone. There are always external influences which crowds your path. Being aware of what these influences are allows you to be more effective when moving forward.
So if you’re not completely aware of whatever is going on around you, then you’re behavior will most likely be more reactive, which means that your path will be defined or dictated by others.
• Your Path Needs Better Clarity – The past is the past and is already defined and played out, and since you’re not able to alter it, what it does is it contains valuable information which you can use in the present while helping you guide your future.
And since we all know that the future is unpredictable and unknown, it becomes no surprise that we’ll think hindsight as insight, or what we did in the past is predictive of what we’ll do in the future, which in reality isn’t true.
• You Control More Of Your Future Than You Realize – Granted that there are a lot of external factors which can potentially play a role in determining what can happen in the future.
But there’s also a lot of internal factors which, for whatever reason, we’re not fully or completely aware of, and as a result we fail to take advantage of them when it comes to shaping our future.
So if you happen to be always busy, for instance, constantly running from meeting to meeting, errand to errand, while also giving in to distractions and impulses which can easily happen.
What you’re doing is sacrificing awareness of the present while compromising your influence when it comes to the future. If your wanting to have more control, then first, you need to relax and learn how to pay better attention.
Having Vision To Create A Better Path
In order to bring forward progressive change in yourself or your business, you first need to have solid vision. What doing so does is it creates the building blocks for every decision that you make.
The mobile device market, for instance, is moving at warp speed in the tech world. The new advancements are extremely lightening quick. So as a result, those who are involved in or around this industry sector needs to react and alter their plans at an instance.
They realize that change, creating a new path is part of their business. So even those industries which are more stable should have a plan in place to make sure that they can possibly deviate from their core vision.
Everything needs to be aligned with the self awareness which shouldn’t alter that much. So there are no big drastic turns, but just progressive revelations. The vision shouldn’t alter from your original “mission statement,” but then you shouldn’t be static either. What the constant tweaks does is it enhances clarity, and not necessarily changing direction.