You’ve accomplished a lot in your life, but something still doesn’t quite feel right, it’s a bit imperfect. There’s a distinct hole that still exists. So as a result, you’re constantly tired and remain not as content as you should be.
You want and feel that your life should be happier by now, that what you’ve accomplished should be promoting more glee. But realize that it’s a progressive inner perspective on how happy you really genuinely are or should be.
You see those perpetually happy go lucky people, how do they do it, what substance are they on. How do they allow their troubles, the same one’s that you no doubt have, bounce off them and still come out smiling.
Do they just decide to be this way. Most believe that this constant state of happiness is just a myth, a fable which is extracted from the book of happiness.
But there are those who, short of an unexpected trauma or catastrophe, have calculated how to be genuinely happy most of the time, this without cheating themselves while being completely honest.
These individuals are those who have mastered a perspective that’s worthy of imitation. So what it grinds down to are some common traits which they all display, and how you can emulate them in your own pursuit of being happier.
How To Get To That Happy Place
• They’ll Always Show Gratitude – Those happy shiny smiling people among us constantly recognize all of the blessings which they receive, regardless of their impact.
They are truly appreciative of the people as well as any opportunity that comes their way, and they’ll demonstrate their gratitude generously as well as unabashedly. Just a simple thank you will always usually suffice.
So make it a habit of becoming outwardly thankful and display it at all times, every day. It may feel a bit awkward at first, but most will begin recognizing your love for them and life, and may even begin discovering that they also have a lot to be grateful for.
• Having An Impact On Others – Those who are happy will always have a positive effect on everyone around them. Some will just naturally generate a happy atmosphere just because of their presence.
They’ll constantly be making an outward effort to brighten the day for others. They’ll inspire them by engaging in entertaining or humorous activity and conversation, but will never become overbearing.
So become an instigator as well as a leader yourself. Create opportunities so that others can share in your joy of life. Always give selflessly of your time to others, which will give you more energy to be happier.
• Continuing Self Improvement – Those happy people love to improve, to constantly grow. They’ll commit themselves to always learning new things as well as continuing to develop themselves.
Once they feel that they’re becoming stagnant, they begin to actively pursue new exciting opportunities to challenge themselves. So begin setting a regimen yourself for more learning. Take classes, read more books, join new clubs, which will also help you meet other like minded people.
• They Know Their Self Worth – The major base for unhappiness usually stems from personal insecurity. Although anxiety and stress can be a good trigger for success, too much of it will just suck the joy out of any type of accomplishment.
Happy people will just choose to be more confident so that they can better focus their time as well as energy on relationships and new opportunities. So always cultivate your own self confidence which is the path to more success, along with the desired end result.
• Find Happiness In Small Things – Most will just sit there and wait for happiness to come to them. This from some type of an event such as a job promotion, getting married, or winning the lottery.
Those people who are truly happy will always find joy in the simple smaller things in life, such as accomplishing simple daily tasks, having a pleasant conversation, watching a funny video, or enjoying a nice sunny day.
These tiny fragments of joy then adds up to a winning disposition. So open up your senses, your eyes and your ears to all those seemingly inconsequential events and items that are around you.
Become a curious observer and then begin enjoying all the small wonders of detail that this world has to offer.
• The Definition Of Happiness – It’s been thought by the majority of people that happiness stems from others, their children or pets, their community or their work, etc.
It’s true that each one these may contribute in their own way, and it may work for some, but not so much for others. Happiness is more of a personal objective which is only reached by knowing exactly what it looks or feels like to you.
Happy people generally understand what makes them happy, and are then able to make changes in their lives to be happier while eliminating unhappiness.
Happy people don’t bother hoping for happiness, they would just rather decide to make it happen themselves. Some will keep a journal which lists the things or events which makes them feel better, and those things that don’t. So you should as well, then begin focusing on making the items on the happy list happen.
Happiness is more of a chosen journey, a personal decision, and for some is obviously painful and difficult, but ultimately their choice. People as a result will spend a fortune on therapy, medicinal solutions, or self help guides just to reach a happy state of mind. But then, you can’t buy happiness.