You can eat affordable healthy food on a budget.
1. Eliminate All That Cheap Junk Food
2. Drink Water or Milk Instead of Soda or Sport Drinks
3. Buy Fruits and Vegetable in Quantity
4. Meats and Beans
5. Using Beans as a Substitute
Dietbug.com recommends eating high fiber beans at least 3 to 5 times per week. If you experience a bit of gas after eating beans, you should try washing them first, then cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, then drain them off and refill the pot.
6. If you happen to live on the coast, or anywhere that fresh, affordable fish is available, you can make fish an integral part of your diet. You can always catch fish from the various lakes or rivers, and save money in the process. Fish and seafood has the highest concentration of the good fats and oils.
7. Eating peanut butter is good for those who may be on a budget. It’s always popular with almost everyone, provided you aren’t allergic to peanuts. You can use peanut butter for sandwiches with bananas, instead of eating say… hot dogs. It does need refrigeration, and the larger jars can last you for weeks.
8. You should always consume foods that have a high concentration of water. Foods such as: salads, watermelon and other melons, and even gelatin (sugar free), are all great examples.
Eating healthy should always be a priority. You can eat healthy for just a few dollars, which helps if you are on a budget. You can always maintain that healthy lifestyle that you’ve always wanted.