How To Build Natural Backlinks Back To Your Website

building-backlinks to your websiteYou know you have to do it. You have to start building natural links back to your website to be able to rank in the search engines. Link building is one of the most important and essential aspects of SEO that consistently works.

The key word being ‘work’, as it is labor and sweat equity intensive. Ratio wise, you should be spending 20% of your time writing your unique content blog post, and the other 80% on promoting and building links back to that site or post, it’s that important.

Proven Methods On Building Links For Your Website:

1. Provide Unique Relevant Helpful Content On Your Website
You have most likely heard this before, over and over again, but that’s because it remains the one genuine and most effective ways to build quality links to your site. Have important unique relevant and informative content on your site, and other sites will begin linking back to you.

However, creating unique quality content doesn’t necessarily have to mean hours of brainstorming as well as frantic, caffeine laden late-night blogging sessions.

This step however, will initially require a bit of work.
Some Examples:
• Built some type of ‘resource or reference’ based post, that lists a useful list of links that everyone will need to refer to, if they have to do a certain task. Make a list of say, WordPress plugins for SEO. Make the page simple and easy to navigate with good resources for anyone who has a blog and requires these plugins. It won’t be long until there will be websites that are linking back to that page. Keep in mind that one of the triggers that will engage site visitors is to get them to respond right away.

Does your service or product on your website do any of the following?
• Saves someone time
• Saves someone money or makes someone money
• Helps in improving a process
• Improves the visitor’s appearance in any way
• Appeals to specific brands
• Removes any doubts, or settles an argument
• Promotes areas of health
• Promotes aspects of safety

These are all triggers related to ‘sales’ that will you need to keep in mind when building a content rich, resource related site.
• Also, is there some type of tool or app that’s related to your website or business that you can add, that site visitors would use or like?
• Could you make a video or a tutorial that will teach someone something that’s unique?

Some Recommended Tools:
Camtasia is excellent for creating desktop tutorial type videos, found at
To convert your video into Flash, or a variety of other video formats, try Geovid at

Before, as well as during the creation of your content, keep focused on the usability as well as resourcefulness of the information. Also, try to keep your information as entertaining as possible, as that will naturally attract links back to your site.

Make Sure You Link Out

After you have written and crafted your post to SEO maximization, to reach a better score, you will have to “link out” once in each of your posts on your website or blog to an authority site.

The best is to link out to a Wikipedia page. It is crucial that you have a ‘No Follow’ tag on this out going link. Use your main targeted keyword that you want to rank for as the anchor text:

Reviews Of

2. Create News Story Items
It is now pretty well known that displaying news stories on other sites are not really considered that dreaded duplicate content. It is rather considered syndicated content, which makes it 100% percent ‘white hat’. So begin with writing some news articles on your niche or industry. When you publish the news item with a link back to your website through a press release site such as, it can and will be easily picked up by hundreds of media outlets, who will display the news on their sites. This is considered legitimate syndicated content.

3. Write 100% Unique and Original Articles
When you write and then publish your unique articles, make sure you include a link back to your site in the bio box, located at the bottom of the article, regardless of where it’s published. You will begin to build link reputation, as well as getting traffic spikes on your site, if your article goes viral and gets published across several sites.

Submit To Article Directories:
is a highly regarded, high traffic article directory, adored by both search engines and web surfers, so it’s highly recommended
is an extremely busy article directory where your articles can easily be submitted to a variety of available categories, everything from “Insurance” to “Zookeepers.”
is a great unique place to begin attracting new audiences who are focused primarily on business entrepreneurs
claims that they get 28.5 million readers each and every month while displaying a Page Rank of 6 to 7

Other Recommended Linking Tips:

– Always remember the 80/20 rule for ‘anchor’ text linking. Meaning that you focus 80% percent of your efforts on your targeted researched keyword phrase, and the other 20% percent on related synonyms. The technical term is allowing for ‘Topic Drift’, where your links are never identical.
– Always keep in mind that your ultimate goal is not just about the number of links that are coming back to your website, it’s also about the specific ‘targeted’ text that’s used in the link. (For example: never use ‘Click Here’).
– The links that are from within your own site still does matter. They’re just not quite as effective or influential as those links that are coming in from other sites.
– The links that are coming back from authority or especially .edu websites will always carry more weight than links from sites that have lower page rank or little traffic.
– If you are blogging, make sure you keep the comments turned “on.” It becomes a lot easier to link with other fellow bloggers due to the mind set about community based conversations. Blogs can become excellent living and breathing entities, that can attract huge topical conversation trails that take place. Make sure your become part of that community and you will soon discover that the stigma of linking to others is not quite the same when it comes to blogging, as it is with SEO.

Link building will always remain a vital tool for SEO strategy. This requires persistent, often mundane work, but that hard labor will eventually result in large quantities of excellent quality incoming links. Link building requires ‘sweat equity’ effort, unless you outsource it out. If you follow these steps, it can all be done white-hat, as Google really does see all and knows all.

Facebook’s Open Graph Protocol Combines The Internet With The Social Network
Anger - Losing Your Cool Will Make You Look Like a Fool