What we all want is to be smarter, wittier, or at the very least think quicker and be more accurate, this especially when in the spotlight, or when we need to perform.
Our brains however are becoming continuously taxed and as a result blunted, so what we need is additional preferably instant help.
Most are now accustomed to working longer hours, multi-task, juggling hectic home and work schedules, while expected to make the right choices for the family or the company.
So what it comes down to is what you place into your body that matters, this not to take full advantage of your IQ, but just to push it to its maximum effectiveness.
So the solution is the food that we eat, our daily diets. There are a variety of different foods which have been proven to help, although it may not necessarily make you any smarter.
These foods should however help in forcing you to think more clearer, while keeping you as sharp as possible, this especially when you’re expected to work those 10 hour days.
Can Drinking Water Pump Up Your Brainpower
It’s thought that just hydrating the brain by drinking water has a direct influence when it comes to improving cognitive function.
Water is pretty much essential for each and every cell, organ, and tissue in the body, the brain being one of the biggest benefactors. Research has proven that mental performance diminishes once dehydration sets in, this by extreme heat or excessive exercise.
If someone is asked to do anything that’s brain extensive directly after sitting in a hot sauna or running a long distance, drinking water has shown to make a significant difference.
A study showed that when restricting water in one’s body by even just 1% percent of its body weight, there was a noticeable decrease in concentration and alertness.
Another study based on school kids, who are more prone to getting dehydrated than adults are, proved that the access to additional water substantially improved their attention as well as memory.
It’s proven that water has cognitive benefits for absolutely everyone, so it’s recommended that you keep yourself as hydrated as possible at all times.
Instant Foods Which Are Can Boost The Brain
• Munching On Nuts And Seeds – Has proven to be the perfect snack since pure nuts and seeds are an excellent source of Omega 3 as well as Omega 6, which are essential fatty acids.
Most natural nuts also contain vitamin E, which has proven to help in protecting the brain from free radical damage. Walnuts, cashews, and sunflower seeds are the best for boosting brainpower, as they also contain amino acids which helps in boosting serotonin to reduce stress.
• Eating Blueberries – These particular berries preferably fresh, contain flavonoids which are antioxidants that’s proven to help in improving ones ability to enhance motor skills.
Flavonoid consumption also helps in preventing degenerative brain diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s. So just add a cup directly into your morning oatmeal, or make a smoothie. Also keep some in a bag for a delicious afternoon snack.
• Good News Chocolate Can Help – The purer to its source the better. This treat is also rich in flavanoids which increases blood flow to the brain, while also protecting the brain cells.
The actual percentage of real cacao is important however, the darker that the chocolate is, the better. So go ahead and enjoy that small square chunk of dark chocolate for a brain boost in the afternoon.
• A Fix Of Flax – This is an excellent plant based source of rich Omega 3 that’s perfect for vegans. What flax does is it improves brain function as well as helping in reducing inflammation while improving circulation.
Flax helps in lowering cholesterol while balancing out blood sugar, making it an excellent supplement to include in any type of diet.
So just sprinkle a tablespoon or so of ground flax seeds into your oatmeal, or add a tablespoon of flax oil into salad dressings or smoothies.
• Leafy Vegetables Which Are Dark And Green – The most effective being chard, kale, spinach, and other similar dark green vegetables. What they contain are healthy doses of the B vitamins including folic acid, which helps in protecting the brain from the effects of aging.
These types of vegetables are also loaded with antioxidants which can prevent heart disease. So eat dark greens on a daily basis in salads with a healthy dressing, or as a side dish.
Other Foods To Increase Your Cognitive Function
• Eating Eggs – Eggs are an excellent source of choline, which is found to be a necessary building block for acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter.
What this does it it helps in increasing your concentration levels as well as better memory recall. Studies have shown that those with Alzheimer’s have depleted amounts of this vital neurotransmitter.
• Say Yes To Salmon – Salmon in particular is found to be one of the best known brain foods available. Salmon is well known for its richness in Omega 3 essential fatty acids.
Omega 3 has been singled out to enhance memory as well as improving cognition function. Also, Omega 3 contains anti-inflammatory properties which have been shown to reduce incidences of heart disease, dementia, and Alzheimer’s.
It’s recommended that you have as many as 3 servings of wild Alaskan or Atlantic salmon on a weekly basis.