Writing articles does not mean putting down thoughts into words then just typing and writing. What you need to do is capture the interest of your reader and get them to keep on reading. To get your message across you have to grasp the attention of the reader and have a firm hold of their interest and pique their curiosity.
The main ingredient in writing an article is a lot of creativity. While this creativity may come natural to a lot of people, some just cannot get their creative juices going. Many writers have literally torn their hair out when they stumble into writers block and just can not get their writing in fluid motion.
Trying to put words into images in the readers mind is a true art form. A clear and crisp depiction requires a certain flair that only intense creativity can only provide. Similes and metaphors can help, but the method an article gets entwined word for word, sentence by sentence paragraph by paragraph into a whole article develops the essence of the message.
So just what is the solution when nothing comes to mind? There is no sure way to get the perfect ideas but there are easy ways to get your creative juices flowing. There is no one that can guarantee you having the perfect mindset, but there are a few methods that may aid you in achieving that state of mind.
Here are 5 Ways To Get Your Creative Writing Juices Going
1) Always keep a diary or a journal at all times. Ideas can be instantly triggered by anything you hear, see, or smell. Your senses act as your radar in finding great ideas you can put into words. Write all of them down in your journal and keep it for future reference. Also write down anything that you have recently read or heard, someoneâ€™s ideas could be used in developing your own ideas and this is not stealing. Keep in mind that ideas and creativity can come from anywhere; it is the development of the idea that makes it unique.
2) Take time to relax and sort things out. Your mind, unless calm, cannot create any new ideas. You must concentrate to have a clear mind if you wish to have your creativity in print. Get rid of all obstacles that can interfere with your creative mind. If something is bothering you, you cannot possibly force your mind to stay focused.
Try to relax as much as possible and think about your experiences and interaction with others. These experiences are what shapes your mindset and your opinions which could be reflected on your writings. Try discovering yourself, find out what triggers your emotions. Discover what inspires you as well as what makes you upset. Use these emotions in helping you in expressing yourself and your ideas, with this you can grow creatively.
3) Establish a working area that can inspire your creativeness. The workspace can be quite a hindrance if it doesnâ€™t make you feel relaxed and calm. Being creative comes from being in a good state of mind and a cluttered workplace which causes distraction will not be conducive in inspiring your creative flow.
Surround your work area with objects that makes you feel comfortable. Put up pictures of your family or pets, use scents, objects that may inspire, or anything else that can get your creative juices flowing. Your clear workplace will rid of unwanted distractions and hindrances. With a good working office, you can then work in peace and won’t notice the time that passes by.
4) Set the proper mood. Setting the proper mood requires you to just go with the flow and the moment. Try to induce your self to feeling what makes your mind work the best. Finding out what makes your creativity tick can help you find ways to get your writing juices going. Try setting the proper pace and tempo for your mood and everything else will follow.
There are different ways to set the mood. Some writers have been known to sip a bit of wine to stir up the imagination. Some would prefer serene mood music, while others let the environmental setting create the mood.
5) Try relaxing by letting yourself go and just having fun produces positive feelings and adrenaline that can make your imagination perk up. Plan and have a weekend adventure, go jogging or on a solemn hike. Do whatever to change from your daily routine and schedule. In no time, your creativeness will make use of that experience and get your imagination to write creatively.